Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums

Field51 Scenario Woodsball Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Field51  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Life after Field51 What are you doing these days... I'm sure others would like to here from you.
Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:05 pm by Admin

» The Holidays 2014
Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am by Ref

» Sorry - Closing
Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:33 pm by Ref

» Magazine fed
Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am by bearKing

» RAP4 T68 For Sale
Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am by bearKing

» Thanks Norm!
Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm by Lushin

» Magpul MOE front shroud for X7 Phenom
Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm by Lushin

» X-Mas 2013
Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm by Ref

» Creep Show VII Let's talk it up and see Who shoots Who
Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:30 pm by Lushin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Custom 98 Needs Some TLC

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Myque Ace

Myque Ace

Custom 98 Needs Some TLC Empty
PostSubject: Custom 98 Needs Some TLC   Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:17 am

Hey guys,

I used to play years ago with the UMF paintball club. At the time I got a Custom 98. Right after I got I moved away and my brother adopted it. To make a long story short, it's been a good 4-5 years and I'm back living in Maine and just got the marker back. I'm hoping to get it working well to come on out and play with you guys. Never been to the field but by the pictures it looks like a blast.

The marker needs some TLC. I'm assuming I should break it down, clean it very carefully, replace all the O-rings, put it back together and have some fun. Any other parts I should look at and/or maintenance things to consider? Also, what about the CO2 tank? Should I replace that or just the O-ring and hope it works well.

I'm hoping someone here can steer me in a good direction to get the replacement parts I'll need. And any bonus tips/tricks/strategies for maintenance will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Mike
Back to top Go down
1shothero

PostSubject: Re: Custom 98 Needs Some TLC   Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:23 pm

i have a few suggestions for u
1. take it to me
2. take it to anyone like norm or sammy and im sure they could fix it up for you............for a prive of course lol!
Back to top Go down
A

A

PostSubject: Re: Custom 98 Needs Some TLC   Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:11 pm

Replacing all of the o-rings is always good every now then. I suggest that you look over the black powertube and make sure it's not cracked as that can mess with the gun. Make sure there is no co2/hpa in the gun and that it is uncocked because things like to go flying and it is rather dangerous if they do. I also suggest that you replace the co2 tank if it hasn't been replaced in the last 5 years or so. The field won't fill any tank that is past the rehydro date which is almost always 5 years on a co2 tank.
Back to top Go down
sketchy

PostSubject: Re: Custom 98 Needs Some TLC   Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:38 am

Just a nice general disassemble, cleaning / re-lubing, and re-assemble will do it good. But since it has been sitting for almost 5 years or so, I'd look into replacing all of the o-rings, and cleaning the insides with warm soapy water.
Back to top Go down
http://www.team51.net
Myque Ace

Myque Ace

PostSubject: Re: Custom 98 Needs Some TLC   Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:56 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. Any idea of the best place to get a hold of this stuff? (Mainly O-rings, a good oil for lubricating parts, and the like)? Should I just buy the $40 big box parts kit for the 98 online? Or will the small $10 one do?

Thanks, Mike
Back to top Go down
A

A

PostSubject: Re: Custom 98 Needs Some TLC   Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:31 pm

If you only need o-rings and some lube, the $10 will be good. If you need screws, nuts, or the like, the $40 will be better. I can pretty much guarantee that Norm could get you the specific parts you need for cheaper though.
Back to top Go down
Myque Ace

Myque Ace

PostSubject: Re: Custom 98 Needs Some TLC   Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:24 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks again for the tips. I'm nervous about taking this apart by myself. I'm going to come by the open play day this Saturday, mind if I bring it along and someone can give me some pointers or walk me through it? I wont be around til 3 or later. I really just want to come by and meet some of ya and check out the place.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Custom 98 Needs Some TLC   Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:54 am

I'll be around, we can find a window of time to look it over.

I also have a video you can borrow on Tippmann cleaning.
Back to top Go down
https://field51.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom 98 Needs Some TLC   Custom 98 Needs Some TLC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom 98 Needs Some TLC
Page 1 of 1