Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums

Field51 Scenario Woodsball Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Field51  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Life after Field51 What are you doing these days... I'm sure others would like to here from you.
Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:05 pm by Admin

» The Holidays 2014
Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am by Ref

» Sorry - Closing
Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:33 pm by Ref

» Magazine fed
Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am by bearKing

» RAP4 T68 For Sale
Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am by bearKing

» Thanks Norm!
Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm by Lushin

» Magpul MOE front shroud for X7 Phenom
Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm by Lushin

» X-Mas 2013
Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm by Ref

» Creep Show VII Let's talk it up and see Who shoots Who
Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:30 pm by Lushin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Lobstah Wars

Go down 
+5
flounder
Lushin
chris n
BoneDaddy
woodviper
9 posters
AuthorMessage
woodviper

Lobstah Wars Empty
PostSubject: Lobstah Wars   Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:53 am

Hope every one is gearing up for Lobstar Wars on the 23rd.
Back to top Go down
BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Lobstah Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobstah Wars   Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:58 pm

Bring on the Buttah, cherry and we'll cook 'em, I mean paint 'em up! affraid
Back to top Go down
chris n

chris n

Lobstah Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobstah Wars   Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:51 pm

I have to work but someone better get shot in my honor. clown

Have fun everyone!
Back to top Go down
Lushin

Lushin

Lobstah Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobstah Wars   Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 am

You guys hate me don't you. One I'll be at a convention in Portland all weekend and on that day I have tp go back up to Walpole for my younger brother's wedding. Someone better get in that tower and screw stuff up.
Back to top Go down
flounder

flounder

Lobstah Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobstah Wars   Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:28 pm

Work, see ya'll at the end of the day though. Might squeeze in 30 minutes of game time.
Back to top Go down
XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lobstah Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobstah Wars   Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 10:26 am

bass tourny, depending on how tierd i am i might come and blast some faces for an hour or so.
Back to top Go down
Ref

Ref

Lobstah Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobstah Wars   Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 7:01 pm

A little read that seems to go well with the up coming Lostah Wars Scenario ......

Another Summer of Lobster Trap Wars along the Coast of Maine?

I read in The Huffington Post several days ago that two lobster boats have been sunk in Friendship, Maine. As the article states, "Investigators don't know if the attacks were the result of a personal vendetta or a territorial feud. At the least, they've brought unwanted attention to this fishing community 75 miles northeast of Portland." Could this be the start of another summer of trap wars along the Maine coast?

Of the various lobster fishing subjects I have written about in my new book, How To Catch A Lobster In Down East Maine, trap wars and the various unwritten rules of lobster fishing will likely be among the most interesting for readers. The cultural dynamics of small-town fishing communities along the coast of Maine are fascinating. The concept that local resources, including jobs, land and fishing grounds, should be reserved for local people is deeply rooted in the community mindset. People “from away” who encroach on local fishing territories are seen to be taking resources away from that community. Lobster fishermen usually defend their fishing turf by means of vigilantism. Sometimes they even resort to violence.

The term 'trap wars' or 'territory wars' is often used to describe the methods lobster fishermen use to defend their fishing ground. These methods can range from cloak-and-dagger molestations of other fishermen's gear to ramming boats and brandishing firearms. The Huffington Post article makes reference to the summer of 2009, when trap wars were especially extreme and violent in nature. In various fishing communities along the Maine coast that summer, traps were cut and boats were sunk. On the remote island of Matinicus, one fisherman even shot another in the neck in the midst of a heated trap war (A jury later found the assailant not guilty of elevated aggravated assault).

Though stories like the above make for good reading, violence is usually a small part of the daily lives of Maine lobster fishermen. Even Matinicus, which has garnered a bit of a reputation for outlaw behavior, is largely just an island of hardworking fishermen with the strength of spirit to survive an isolated way of living.

From - http://notesfromalobsterfishingvillage.blogspot.com/2012/05/another-summer-of-lobster-trap-wars.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.field51.com
Ref

Ref

Lobstah Wars Empty
PostSubject: INFO for the day.....   Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 6:42 am

Scoring will be money based, so spend it wisely to get the best return on your investments.
Sink the other family's boats, bait and harvest your trap lines while fighting over disputed fishing areas.
Weather is looking awesome for the first scenario of the year!!

Come on out and try this new money format.... lots of fun for all I'm sure.

6/23/12
10-4 (be ready to hit the field by 11:00 ... showing up late will leave you needing to catch up on the game)
Paint is 45.00 per case
field fees -
15.00 with your own gear.
25.00 if you need to rent.
Back to top Go down
Moving Target

Moving Target

Lobstah Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobstah Wars   Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:39 pm

Are you able to announce captains at this time or are you playing that close to the chest for now?
Back to top Go down
Ref

Ref

Lobstah Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobstah Wars   Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:47 am

GAME On Today!!!!!!
Prepping last minute items now....... we'll be ready when you get here for some awesome fun!.
Back to top Go down
BrYcE,?!?!??

Lobstah Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobstah Wars   Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 5:41 pm

that was prob the funnest thing ive done in a while bounce
Back to top Go down
BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Lobstah Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobstah Wars   Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:55 pm

That wuz good fishing/hunting lively skirmishes. Thank you all for rekindling the spirit of this "old guy" I have 13 welts to remind me of how much fun I had, and why I hate "BOUNCES" Evil or Very Mad only three breaks aka "outs" I'll try to post a picture of Cookie as he has very few blemishes but my hide is another story, four nice raised WELtS affraid no breaks.

Thank you to the staff of Field 51 for providing another great day, weather, plot/scenario, general good time.

and thank you to the Blue Elder Suspect for having a good game plan, and exceptional team skills. i also want to thank Killa-Kate for so very game adventures, assaults, and cover a 1st rate 1st mate pirat and all the other Blue folks well played, I apologize for loosing focus in the last session, too much sun sunny brain fried, Question accept for having me trying to steer a boat all day, it wuz a great plan geek I'll do better next time, maybe a shock collar affraid will help. till we share more paint all be well cheers

~bonedaddy farao
Back to top Go down
Ref

Ref

Lobstah Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobstah Wars   Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:11 am

Thanks to everyone that came out I know it was a hot day of play!

Pics are up - 51 Pictures
Back to top Go down
Moving Target

Moving Target

Lobstah Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobstah Wars   Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Ref wrote:
Thanks to everyone that came out I know it was a hot day of play!

Pics are up - 51 Pictures

Great pics!

videos uploaded at some point I hope?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lobstah Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobstah Wars   Lobstah Wars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lobstah Wars
Page 1 of 1