Forums

Field51 Scenario Woodsball Forums

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Field51  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Life after Field51 What are you doing these days... I'm sure others would like to here from you.
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:05 pm by Admin

» The Holidays 2014
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am by Ref

» Sorry - Closing
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:33 pm by Ref

» Magazine fed
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am by bearKing

» RAP4 T68 For Sale
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am by bearKing

» Thanks Norm!
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm by Lushin

» Magpul MOE front shroud for X7 Phenom
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm by Lushin

» X-Mas 2013
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm by Ref

» Creep Show VII Let's talk it up and see Who shoots Who
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:30 pm by Lushin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
autoe22

autoe22

BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:51 pm

This is a problem that needs to be addressed for sure,
but making up more and new rules may drive customers away?? my thought on that.
some of the rules now people that aren't regulars at the field don't understand as it is.

I think that the "Regulars" at the field you know who you are, just need to be very aware of the shooting and remind the
newer players very nicely that this isn't speedball.
If the overshooting should happen within the Regular group of players most admit fault anyway. (from what I have seen)
Lets watch each others backs as regulars, and or Refs, of field51.

I know that most of us are pretty capable of shooting 4,5++ shots in a row easily, if I'm covering someone I'm going to send about 4 too 5 shot in that direction is needed I don't want to be called out for covering for someone too move up, or how about you get someone on the run what is the common thing most of us do we send out a 4,5++ shots in that persons direction.

I guess what I'm getting at is I wouldn't purposely just light someone up but if I have a few good shots I don't want to be called out for it either. because I hit them "one" too many times?
Back to top Go down
chris n

chris n

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:09 pm

I see what you're saying. And that example you gave wouldn't be overshooting to me, but it could be to someone else not used to full size games like ours. So yeah, sounds like too much grey area with the 'call the other guy out" thing.

Sounds good. Play sharp and lean. Self control. Mention something during the safety meetings and have refs give warnings. Peers/ team mates can give warning also. Watch your buddy.

funny, but this whole thing reminds me of the fire fights I had with Jay last Saturday during the last game......

1st one at the begining of the game I see Jay on the trail, Jay sees me. I shoot 4 times in his direction, miss. He returns 3 or 4 at me and hits me twice w/one break with at least two solid hits, maybe more. Dang it! Very Happy

Later we meet agian at the tape line. Only brush and two tree separate us. Jay tucks behind the tree, I tuck in. Jay shoots 2, I shoot 4, jay shoots 5, I shoot 1, Jay shoots 1, I shoot 1, Jay shoots 1, I shoot 10, Jay returns1 and does a few fake snaps, I shoot a few. He gets out. I run down the tape line and get hit 4 times at short range by his team mate. Ahhhh fun stuff. The hit on the side of my gut hurt the most EVER! I had to take a few minutes to get my ducks in row after that! Laughing I declared myself flag guardian after that respawn. queen tongue
Back to top Go down
JMac

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:48 am

ha ha ha, yeah that was fun... but the thing that I remember most, when we were firing back and forth at the tape, I was not only focusing on shooting at you, but when you raised your hand and called out, I was looking right at you and saw that. I guess my point is, if you are firing at someone, take a second or two to listen and look at your target... I could have just as easily not been paying attention and lit Chris up after he waved out.
Back to top Go down
Looper

Looper

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Reminds me of a time that I was snapping with Norm. he was at a spool behind the church, I was in the church tower. we where trading fire and I thought I got him but he duct in behind the spool to give himself a paint check. I was so hopped up on the snapping that when he raised his hand to indicate he was out, and all I saw was movement, I shot it. Sorry Norm. I think now he yells "OUT" several times then moves with his gun raised...
Back to top Go down
Trum_15

Trum_15

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:21 pm

So... has a bps cap came to a end yet? Whats the cap going to be?

edit: also you already have a bps cap

6.All guns must be semi or pump action and have a maximum rate of fire of 15 balls per sec. One ball per trigger pull. *NO full-auto. No Burst! No bounce! * It is up to all players to make sure the paintball gun they are using complies with all rules.
Back to top Go down
devon

devon

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:45 pm

i've heard well over 15 bps being shot at the field.. i cant even shoot that fast in semi. i hit like 12-13.
Back to top Go down
1shothero

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:27 pm

Norm this is outragouse how am i suppose to pwn newbs i can easily hit 22bps with my pump autocker i feel like this rule is keeping me down just like the man....ARE YOU THE MAN!

no just kidding good idea cause then my people (pumps) dont have to worry about you people (semi players) buying all the paint and shooting at nothing like rambo
Back to top Go down
1shothero

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:57 pm

Norm common dont put a cap on im gunna have to adjust my autococker now so i only shoot 1bps instead of 2bps thanks!
Back to top Go down
emptyshell666[SSP]

emptyshell666[SSP]

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:19 am

what about mag players that cant put a cap on the gun
Back to top Go down
woodviper

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:43 pm

Sorry I havent gotten in on this yet. A bps cap is to make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Most of us on here have been playing for a while, it is not just us that this effects. you have to think about the new players coming out to play. For this sport to grow and keep growing it has to be fun and a challenge for every level of player. Being able to spray paint may be fun for you but not a challenge. And it will not be any fun for a first time player if they are getting paint laid down on them or hit more then ten times before they shoot once. plus how hard is it to get a female player on the field for the first time or a young kid who knows nothing about the sport. do you really think they willwnat to come back if they is someone out there laying down paint that makes it a bad experience for them? All of us have over shot at some point (not hearing some one call out, seeing them move and thinking they are still in). i do agree it is up to the player to make sure they are not over shooting but the field has to make some rules about it. one paintball will keep some one in there bunker just as well as 15. And to 1shothero you have to be kept down to one ball every 5 seconds we dont want you over shooting (just kidding).
Back to top Go down
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:04 pm

woodviper wrote:
A bps cap is to make the game more enjoyable for everyone. you have to think about the new players coming out to play. For this sport to grow and keep growing it has to be fun and a challenge for every level of player. And it will not be any fun for a first time player if they are getting paint laid down on them or hit more then ten times before they shoot once..

This reminds me of the dad and his son that came to play for the first time when I was reffing, they dropped $90 bucks on rentals and paint, then they played one game and left. It was quite obvious they weren't having fun, the dad was curled up in the fuel depot and it was an attack-the-church game.......

I think the BPS cap should be on a day-to-day basis. If there's a lot of new players, then a BPS cap makes sense (Maybe 10bps?)

If its a rainy day when only the regulars show up, then who cares?
Back to top Go down
devon

devon

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:04 pm

I think 10 would be fine but not all guns go that low.
Back to top Go down
Trum_15

Trum_15

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:15 pm

yeah i think 10 would be the best, but like devon just said some don't go to do. i think like the vice stock is 12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2