Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums

Field51 Scenario Woodsball Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Field51  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Life after Field51 What are you doing these days... I'm sure others would like to here from you.
Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:05 pm by Admin

» The Holidays 2014
Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am by Ref

» Sorry - Closing
Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:33 pm by Ref

» Magazine fed
Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am by bearKing

» RAP4 T68 For Sale
Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am by bearKing

» Thanks Norm!
Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm by Lushin

» Magpul MOE front shroud for X7 Phenom
Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm by Lushin

» X-Mas 2013
Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm by Ref

» Creep Show VII Let's talk it up and see Who shoots Who
Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:30 pm by Lushin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Memesiss

Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? Empty
PostSubject: Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game??   Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:24 am

Last year i went it was 200v200 people not the best refs but it was worth the 2 cases i went thru. I plan on going and if anyone else is maybe we can car pool to save the gas or something.

Fall Brawl Big Game
Date: November 15, 2009
Lets Make this our Biggest Big Game Ever!

* $35.00 Entrance Fee
* FREE All Day Compressed Air and CO2
* FREE Hot Dogs For Lunch
* FREE Raffle ticket for Vision Shocker Grand Prize Raffles
* Thousands Of Dollars in Raffles, Prizes and Giveaways!
* No Reservations Needed!
* Paint as low as $35.00 a case
Back to top Go down
Trum_15

Trum_15

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game??   Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:06 pm

sniper is, im going to be here because it the last game of the year.. But it is the last game ever at canobie. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Memesiss

PostSubject: Yea   Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 8:26 pm

Sadly it is the last. They apprently had the lease run out and the guy decided to sell the land. But luckily its not the only park they technically own
Back to top Go down
autoe22

autoe22

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game??   Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 8:30 pm

Not the best refs?? how so?
Bad refs can mean a bad day of play or worse injury.

I'll stick too what i know will be a fun and Safe day of play.
Back to top Go down
grimace

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game??   Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 8:53 pm

Canobie is my home field and my first non-outlaw field. Sad

I'll be there and it'll be bittersweet. Shame it conflicts with the season ender at F51. I suspect most here will opt for Norm's game.

The refs at Canobie are good just the number of people and riff-raff big games attract is hard to manage.
Back to top Go down
Memesiss

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game??   Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 10:35 am

The refs at Canobie are good just the number of people and riff-raff big games attract is hard to manage.[/quote]

Canobie for the big games doesnt get enough refs. When you ask them what the rules are or what the objective is for the game that is bout to start they say they dont know. There isnt enough of them to call shots. Yea i know it goes against Norms. But i grew up in Salem playin at Canobie and finally seeing them close is sad
Back to top Go down
grimace

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game??   Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 1:09 pm

I guess you had a bad experience but I think you're generalizing too much. I've been going to their big games for a looong time and the only person I've ever seen get hurt was some guy that broke his leg running and they pulled him out on a stretcher with his goggles on.

They bring in more refs than usual, but yeah there's not going to be enough to call every hit which is fine because it's rec. Same way with any big game or large scenario. You're not going to get the same kind of ref coverage as a normal day of play. Sure I've seen them disorganized at times, but the rules are the same every year and any objectives usually devolve into a free for all shootout anyway.

If anything the refs are annoying with safety. I've been chrono and ramping checked in play there more than anywhere else I've been. I've even been pulled from a game for not having a trigger guard on a mech gun that didn't come with one stock. Suspect

Anyway, kind of rude to be bringing it up here after knowing there is a schedule conflict. I wouldn't have commented if not for the ref bashing. I was hoping some would come down but dropped it once I found out they were on the same day. I've been to F51 more than Canobie this year if that tells you anything.

Everyone have fun wherever you play that day. I'm stepping out of this conversation. Peace. afro
Back to top Go down
Memesiss

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game??   Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:16 pm

grimace wrote:
I guess you had a bad experience but I think you're generalizing too much. I've been going to their big games for a looong time and the only person I've ever seen get hurt was some guy that broke his leg running and they pulled him out on a stretcher with his goggles on.

They bring in more refs than usual, but yeah there's not going to be enough to call every hit which is fine because it's rec. Same way with any big game or large scenario. You're not going to get the same kind of ref coverage as a normal day of play. Sure I've seen them disorganized at times, but the rules are the same every year and any objectives usually devolve into a free for all shootout anyway.

If anything the refs are annoying with safety. I've been chrono and ramping checked in play there more than anywhere else I've been. I've even been pulled from a game for not having a trigger guard on a mech gun that didn't come with one stock. Suspect

Anyway, kind of rude to be bringing it up here after knowing there is a schedule conflict. I wouldn't have commented if not for the ref bashing. I was hoping some would come down but dropped it once I found out they were on the same day. I've been to F51 more than Canobie this year if that tells you anything.

Everyone have fun wherever you play that day. I'm stepping out of this conversation. Peace. afro

Sorry to hear you say that. Im sorry in the past year New England has lost 2 good fields. Its Sad to see such a wonderful sport be hurt by this economy. By this i mean we lost Crossfire and now we are losing Canobie...Canobie has been around for 24 years and its sad to see them being turned into a medical building. I dont mean to insult Norm or any of the players. This sport is and will be a dieing quickly game in this economy and if me going to support the game is insulting people i am sorry. As far as refs it just depends on who you get. I am someone who spent the past 4 years at the Invasion of Normandy the Largest Scenario Game in the United States and i know for a fact they pull extra refs and they plan it way better for new people. When you show up at Canobie and ask what the rules about blind fire. Auto or Semi or other questions concering safety are you expect at least a answer not a brush off. So honestly amount of people isnt a issue its just the fact that sometimes you cant use 10 year olds that dont ask questions about what they are doing. Again i dont mean this conversation as a disrespect to Norm but i feel bad when a park has to close. And the fact that New England is also running out of decent Shops to buy gear or get gear fixed is sad. CTA paintball in Bow had to close and we lost Carlos and his shop and now Canobies Shop is closing we are being limited week by week month by month and itll get harder and harder. I know Norm carries gear but for those who need fine tune or require something Norm cant do you need someone to turn besides youtube. So im sorry that this seemed insulting. I just feel bad that 24 years of business in the same spot is being closed.
Back to top Go down
grimace

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game??   Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 10:26 pm

Ugh, I didn't want to continue with this...

Canobie has been having the lease issue hanging over their heads for at least several years now, thus the reason they bought AG a while back. Their closing is less an issue of the bad economy and more an issue of the land they are on becoming more valuable with the increased development in the area and new road that was put in that puts them just off a main drag.

Yes it is sad they are closing due to the lease being pulled and that other fields/shops have closed due to the bad economy. I however don't think it's the end of the world, just the end of unsustainable businesses. New fields will pop up to fill the voids (I know of 3 new small fields in MA alone) and people are getting back to basics (how many played pump 3 or 4 years ago?). So hopefully when the economy bounces back we'll be in better shape than before. I'm not one of these people that buys into the "paintball is dying" scare.

As far as the ref thing... they have a rule and safety briefing at the beginning of the day for a reason. If you miss that, pass the young kids they got for extra help at the big game and talk to one of the regular refs or the head ref or Paul.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game??   Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey, Anyone Planning to go to Canobies Last Big Game??
Page 1 of 1