Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums

Field51 Scenario Woodsball Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Field51  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Life after Field51 What are you doing these days... I'm sure others would like to here from you.
Open Seasonal? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:05 pm by Admin

» The Holidays 2014
Open Seasonal? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am by Ref

» Sorry - Closing
Open Seasonal? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:33 pm by Ref

» Magazine fed
Open Seasonal? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am by bearKing

» RAP4 T68 For Sale
Open Seasonal? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am by bearKing

» Thanks Norm!
Open Seasonal? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm by Lushin

» Magpul MOE front shroud for X7 Phenom
Open Seasonal? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm by Lushin

» X-Mas 2013
Open Seasonal? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm by Ref

» Creep Show VII Let's talk it up and see Who shoots Who
Open Seasonal? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:30 pm by Lushin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Open Seasonal?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jaydepps

Open Seasonal? Empty
PostSubject: Open Seasonal?   Open Seasonal? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:29 pm

Sorry about making a new thread, but I couldn't find anything on this topic posted before or listed on the site. Are you guys open in the Winter? I am a student at the University of New England and there is a group of us here that paintball. Didn't know there was an arena nearby. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Myque Ace

Myque Ace

Open Seasonal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Seasonal?   Open Seasonal? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:19 pm

Hey,

Welcome to the site! Field 51 is closed for the winter. As soon as the snow melts enough, it'll be back open. Also, you can also contact "Admin" on here about doing a private event. I'm also a student at UNE and think this is the best field in Maine! It's worth waiting for. I think there is at least one indoor field in the state but I don't know much about it. Others on here might know. Weve got some big events planned for this spring/summer. It'll be a lot of fun! Hope to see you out there!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
jaydepps

Open Seasonal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Seasonal?   Open Seasonal? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Yea I'll definitely be there. Haven't played in awhile since there weren't any fields. Used to play 3 times a week, but stopped when I went to college. Have played once since so it will be nice to get back into it. Think it'd be possible for the school to "sell tickets" to go paintball here and have people just sign so we could have a private event for UNE students? I tried getting a paintball team with a few friends my freshman year, but the school was worried too much about insurance and people dying for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Myque Ace

Myque Ace

Open Seasonal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Seasonal?   Open Seasonal? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:01 pm

That is an idea. For the record I was at UMF for my undergrad in Farmington and we had a paintball club. It was pretty successful. If you wanted to try again that is always an option. I can give you some pointers.

As far as a private event...it is really geared towards groups of 12 or more so just keep that in mind. On open play days, there are upwards of 30 players. Special events like scenarios draw in an even bigger crowd. I always the more the merrier. I would consider "selling tickets" to one of these events or an open play day. That way you wouldn't be stuck with such a large deposit being gone for like 6 or so people.

Which campus are you on? Biddeford or Portland?
Back to top Go down
jaydepps

Open Seasonal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Seasonal?   Open Seasonal? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:06 pm

Biddeford. Third year here.

Yea, if you have any pointers, I'm open to suggestions. It'd be awesome to get a team for the school.
Back to top Go down
Myque Ace

Myque Ace

Open Seasonal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Seasonal?   Open Seasonal? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:49 pm

What we had to was have each member sign a waiver at every play day. We held meetings on campus. The only thing we were able to do with equipment was clean equipment. No airing up or firing (dry or otherwise) of the markers. We talked a lot of shop and planned events at the local field.

We were able to receive funding from the Student Senate by allowing anyone interested to join. It was one of the more expensive clubs on campus for th senate. The only fees on play day for each player was the $2 or $3 to fill the CO2 tanks (this was circa 2000-2002). The field fees, equipment costs and paint was included on our funds from student senate. If you're trying to secure funding from your student activites/club groups, emphasize your priority on safety and open opportunity for all the students. Hopefully, you can allow all people who want to play a place/opportunity to play. Show that there is a good interest, get a list of names fo people interested. Approach as a club...people who are interested in playing...not necessarily competing. Talk to Norm (the owner/operator of Field 51) about having your club events there at Field 51. I know at the local field near Farmington, because of the amount of business we provided to the field we were able to get a discount field fee for our players and also a discount of paint. We just had to pay the field in advance with numbers of people coming and numbers of cases of paint. That is something to talk to Norm about, he's a great guy and is already striving to keep his prices rock bottom for players. For our club members we had some old Pro Carbine and Model 98s that were club equipment that eliminated rental costs and also some masks. Each player was allowed one or two hoppers of paint...depending on the event. Club members always had the option of buying more paint on their own if they wanted. Our school was diligent on giving players a free opportunity to play...the Student Senate oversees the clubs on campus and distributes "Student Activities Fee" money that is collected as part of tuition and fees for each student. I'm not sure if UNE has something similar. Also, we had to do fundraising on a regular basis to put effort into getting funds.

If you're serious about getting a club together for UNE, I'd contact the UMF Student Senate to see if you can get copies of the old constitution/documents of the Paintball club at UMF. I'm sure they must have old documents on file. I'd send you to the club directly but they're currently inactive. http://studentorgs.umf.maine.edu/~senate/index.html They have good info on their website too about sample constitutions and stuff.

Norm might have thoughts about how to conjure up some equipment. Get you a quote and stuff. Also, ask the UMF Student Senate if they'd be interested in parting witht heir equipment if they still have it. Also, look into buying a field rental package...you know 10 markers, 10 masks, 10 tanks. Just a thought.

Rental Package

Oh yeah, we had the all th equipment stored at the Campus Police building, seeing as they weren't allowed in the dorms anyway. It was also a good way to not get them stolen or abused. Checked in and checked out for club events only.

My $0.02. It is doable. It's costly and requires alot of effort. So make sure there is serious interest and make a professional presentable proposal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Open Seasonal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Seasonal?   Open Seasonal? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Open Seasonal?
Page 1 of 1