Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums

Field51 Scenario Woodsball Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Field51  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Life after Field51 What are you doing these days... I'm sure others would like to here from you.
New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:05 pm by Admin

» The Holidays 2014
New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am by Ref

» Sorry - Closing
New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:33 pm by Ref

» Magazine fed
New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am by bearKing

» RAP4 T68 For Sale
New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am by bearKing

» Thanks Norm!
New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm by Lushin

» Magpul MOE front shroud for X7 Phenom
New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm by Lushin

» X-Mas 2013
New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm by Ref

» Creep Show VII Let's talk it up and see Who shoots Who
New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:30 pm by Lushin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

New gun advice?

Go down 
+4
chris n
Trum_15
devon
Chevywithahemi88
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

New gun advice? Empty
PostSubject: New gun advice?   New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:08 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm in the market for a different gun, but I'm not quite sure what direction to go in. I'm trying to keep it under $150. I'm looking in either the Ion/Sp1/Epiphany area, or maybe autocockers. The problem is, I'm completely clueless when it comes to cockers, and I'm equilly as clueless when it comes to electros, since the only gun I've ever owned was a Tippy 98c "pro". I've tried to do my homework by reading reviews and what people are saying on forums and stuff, but there seems to be a lot of mixed reviews, especially about the Ions and Epiphanys. And cocker forums, pfff...it all looks greek to me.

Any suggestions would be great,

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
devon

devon

New gun advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New gun advice?   New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:26 pm

cockers are great but but I would go with an electro just to have that fire power to be able to fall back on. As far as electro go the Ions are nice but I dont know, i'd stay away from SP. I've had an Ion and an SFT shocker and i'd say meh to both.

I'd have some experience in this price range because its the one i'm always stuck in. I recommend buying used from trusted people or locally.

Out of the electros in that price range i've had(2k2 timmy, 2k5 timmy, dmc, pm6, Ion, SFT shocker, and my rail) I've liked them all.

Its really all about what you like.
Back to top Go down
Trum_15

Trum_15

New gun advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New gun advice?   New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:49 am

Right now i would stay away form Smart parts because of whats going on over there. you don;t want to have a gun that the board fry's then you can't get a new one because the company went under. just search mcarter brown and techob and pbnation for used guns. i loved my Proto SLG. and the resale is around 150 so you could find them any where. i know techpb has like 3 or 4 over there.
Back to top Go down
chris n

chris n

New gun advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New gun advice?   New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:03 am

Ethan is doing very well with his trilogy. Its a simplified autococker. Alex's UL SLG has been going great with minor bolt stick once in awhile. Brandon's SLG obviously crapped out. Conner's SLG was pretty good. Yeah, avoid autocockers unless you plan on leaving all stock. Have a 98 as back up.
Back to top Go down
devon

devon

New gun advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New gun advice?   New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:36 am

chris n wrote:
Ethan is doing very well with his trilogy. Its a simplified autococker. Alex's UL SLG has been going great with minor bolt stick once in awhile. Brandon's SLG obviously crapped out. Conner's SLG was pretty good. Yeah, avoid autocockers unless you plan on leaving all stock. Have a 98 as back up.

Yeah, I've heard good things about SLGs but that weird bolt problem is what turns me off from them.

Autocockers are great gun but you need to know how to time them, tune them, and fix them.
Back to top Go down
Moving Target

Moving Target

New gun advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New gun advice?   New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:35 pm

devon wrote:
Autocockers are great gun but you need to know how to time them, tune them, and fix them.

the nice thing about the trilly is that not only is it cheaper, but it also doesn't need timing or tuning bounce
Back to top Go down
autoe22

autoe22

New gun advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New gun advice?   New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:01 am

as Devon was saying autocockers are nice unless you have no idea how time time tune and fix them they will go down when they do you need to know how too fix it or it just makes for a bad day.

My advice get a marker you like and can afford.

p.s. Get a autococker and make it a nice pump!! affraid no timing needed, hardly if ever needs to be fixed after it is set up too be a nice pump.
Back to top Go down
GillMan1985

GillMan1985

New gun advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New gun advice?   New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 4:31 pm

Trum_15 wrote:
Right now i would stay away form Smart parts because of whats going on over there. you don;t want to have a gun that the board fry's then you can't get a new one because the company went under. just search mcarter brown and techob and pbnation for used guns. i loved my Proto SLG. and the resale is around 150 so you could find them any where. i know techpb has like 3 or 4 over there.

Well not that I enjoy what SP has done over the years but I have owbed an 03 impulse for years and still use it today....as far as boards go they are a dime a dozen on ebay.....
Back to top Go down
Sniper71

Sniper71

New gun advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New gun advice?   New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:19 pm

I love ebay...its amazing what you can find on there when people spell stuff wrong and then no one bids on it.. cheers
Back to top Go down
GillMan1985

GillMan1985

New gun advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New gun advice?   New gun advice? I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:27 pm

As far as an Ion or that family of guns go I think that you will be wasting your money. The ion takes so much $ in upgrades to make it anywhere competitive, and really, who knows where smart parts is going in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New gun advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New gun advice?   New gun advice? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New gun advice?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Field News :: General-
Jump to: