Forums

Field51 Scenario Woodsball Forums

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Field51  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Life after Field51 What are you doing these days... I'm sure others would like to here from you.
Individual league play I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:05 pm by Admin

» The Holidays 2014
Individual league play I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am by Ref

» Sorry - Closing
Individual league play I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:33 pm by Ref

» Magazine fed
Individual league play I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am by bearKing

» RAP4 T68 For Sale
Individual league play I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am by bearKing

» Thanks Norm!
Individual league play I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm by Lushin

» Magpul MOE front shroud for X7 Phenom
Individual league play I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm by Lushin

» X-Mas 2013
Individual league play I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm by Ref

» Creep Show VII Let's talk it up and see Who shoots Who
Individual league play I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:30 pm by Lushin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Individual league play

Go down 
AuthorMessage
woodviper

Individual league play Empty
PostSubject: Individual league play   Individual league play I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:30 pm

Norm
I know you are trying to get a league going for teams but what about individual players.
Have it on open play days.
Everyone in the league pays a fee.
All games have certain points values to them.
Surrendering someone gets you extra points.
Players in the league can challenge other players for their points.
These challenges will be one on one most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

PostSubject: Re: Individual league play   Individual league play I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:53 pm

woodviper wrote:
Norm
I know you are trying to get a league going for teams but what about individual players.
Have it on open play days.
Everyone in the league pays a fee.
All games have certain points values to them.
Surrendering someone gets you extra points.
Players in the league can challenge other players for their points.
These challenges will be one on one most of the time.

I hate to sound like an A$$, but this wont work. One-on-one games would take a long time, considering how far away the field is from the setup area (15-20 mins a piece?)..usually theres anywhere from 20-30 people at any given open play day, imagine how many people will want to one-on-one?? At this rate, everyone would get only about 1 one-vs-one game in, and that doesn't even leave any time for the normal games! I don't know about you, but sitting around all day just to play a single 1-vs-1 match doesn't sound very appealing to me.
Back to top Go down
woodviper

PostSubject: Re: Individual league play   Individual league play I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:56 pm

you missed the point you play normal games capture the flag. radar dish, defend castle, and others thru out the day. those are worth certain points. these are games played with every one if you are a member of the league at the end of the game you get the points for that game. lets say capture the flag is 100 points your team wins you get 100 points. as you play different games if you win your points go up if not your points stay the same. now two weeks go by you have a totally of 300 points but are number 2 in the league number 1 has 450 points. you can challenge that person for a one on one game with certain requirements that you or the other person makes up and you agree to. such as points. let say you #2 challenges #1 for 200 points. if #2 wins he gets 200 points and #1 loses 200 points. if #1 wins he gets the points and #2 loses the points. the challenge games are not for the majority of points, the majority of points coming from the normal games on an open play day. and it does work i have been in a couple league like this before two when i first started and one at rogue.
Back to top Go down
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

PostSubject: Re: Individual league play   Individual league play I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 9:20 am

Yeah, I see what you're saying. The idea of keeping points throughout the season based on how your team performs on each particular game sounds like a good idea...however I still see two problems with this--

A) If I were in a league, and I could gain easy points by doing 1v1 matches, I would be trying to do as many as possible. Now try to fit that in an open play day with 30 people requesting that between every game...

B) The purpose of a walk-on-play day is generally just to have fun, shoot your friends, etc etc.. Turning the average just-for-fun walk-on play day into a competition every weekend sounds like a bad idea to me. (But that's just my opinion) I can compare this to when I used to race Karts in a racing league at M.I.K, Normal days were all for fun, if someone got wrecked they just laughed about it and put it on Youtube. But when raceday came around on Sunday and someone got wrecked, there was shoving and punching, pissed off parents, and people throwing helmets. Not cool. That's way more extreme than anything I've ever seen at Field51 but still, competition creates a more hostile environment and isn't exactly my idea of a walk-on-play day.

Some examples of this would be:

Excluding new players so your team wins, so you get your points.
It definitely won't help the overshooting problem that some players are complaining about (See BPS cap thread)
And of course, unfortunately, A motive for people to wipe. (For those that have the little devil on the shoulder saying "WIPE WIPE!"
Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Cheese Nip

Cheese Nip

PostSubject: Re: Individual league play   Individual league play I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:52 pm

I see what both of you are saying. I think the league might be kind of fun but it would need to be better planned. There are three fields at Field51 so I don't think challenges would be a problem. We also could set aside time at the end of the day to have them or something.

As for only doing tons of challenges for points instead of playing in normal games. The other player should always have the right to decline a challenge. If someone is only doing challenges then my guess is that everyone would stop allowing the challenge from that player. You could also limit the number of challenges a player can do in a season.

Finally about the wiping and not allowing new players on a team. If people plan on being like that then they shouldn't be at the field in the first place. Whipping is never tolerated and I believe it can get you tossed from the field for the day The refs would help keep teams fair and I have seen many "new players" kick the crap out of people that play at the field all the time.
Back to top Go down
woodviper

PostSubject: Re: Individual league play   Individual league play I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:51 pm

player do not have to accept any challenge they do not want to accept. so you could go weeks without a challenge being played. as for the teama the hwole point is to bring new players in norm and the refswill make the teams as fair as possible. so more then likely if you hve the to top players they will not be on the same team and so forth. if someone is wipping i hope the refs are catching it , who wants to play with cheaters. that was just a rough outlne to get peoeples ideas. also it will get new players talking about the league seeing leaduea members getting points might bring them back more since it is hard for people to get a team together of a team league.
Back to top Go down
Arey21

PostSubject: uwl style?   Individual league play I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Have any of you taken a look at playuwl.com ? i think a league based on this format would work great. 4 Flags individual stats team stats the whole 9 yards. I think at first maybe only 5 to 6 guys per team until the interest is there for 9 to 10 per team. free agents can sign up if they dont have a way of making a team until a team is full. what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Individual league play   Individual league play I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Individual league play
Page 1 of 1