Forums

Field51 Scenario Woodsball Forums

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Field51  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Life after Field51 What are you doing these days... I'm sure others would like to here from you.
Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:05 pm by Admin

» The Holidays 2014
Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am by Ref

» Sorry - Closing
Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:33 pm by Ref

» Magazine fed
Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am by bearKing

» RAP4 T68 For Sale
Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am by bearKing

» Thanks Norm!
Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm by Lushin

» Magpul MOE front shroud for X7 Phenom
Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm by Lushin

» X-Mas 2013
Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm by Ref

» Creep Show VII Let's talk it up and see Who shoots Who
Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:30 pm by Lushin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Black Hawk Down

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
1shothero

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 6:10 pm

Ok so i was thinking today at work while i was spacing off in the forklift.........(probably not the best place)
But for all of you that have seen the movie its a great flick me and ian both agree basicly theres a small force of marines whose black hawk helicopter crash lands far far behind enemy line in afganastan or however you spell it and they have to fight there way through to get to an extraction point be a fun little mini scenario we could play out on and open/walk on day
tell me what you guys think of course there will be more objectives then just that but i thought id just give u the jist to see wat u guys thought

-Josh the shirtless spartan
Back to top Go down
A

A

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:17 pm

That would be a pretty good idea in my opinion. My little addition is that the Somalian extremists can start anywhere on the field besides the Fuel Depot and can respawn at the church while the Marines/Delta Force starts in the Fuel Depot area and respawns in the Fuel Depot. The extraction point is the Fort in the jungle to the left of the church when you are facing it. After holding the space ship for a few minutes the respawn for the M/DF is the radar dish just so people don't have to walk all the way across the field and back only to get shot a few minutes later.
Back to top Go down
Igg

Igg

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:29 pm

The most obvious place for this scenario to take place would be the space ship, but I'll bet it would be just as fun at the church or even the satellite. Another part of the scenario is the group of marines that gets air lifted in, and has to fight their way to the chopper to extract the pilots and crew. Maybe start the rest of the marine team at the fuel depot or in the woods, and let them try and break through to the rest of their team to escape. The best part of this is the overwhelming number of enemies trying to take the black hawk, so a full respawn for the attacking team would be good, but have set respawns at locations on the tape in the woods on either side. That way it would seem like continuous waves of enemies, but the marine team would actually have a chance to make a push. Multiple Kamikaze waves like this past weekend isn't something I want to face alone all the time, but I'm willing to give this scenario a play through at least once.

I actually thought of something similar to this on Halloween for a zombies game, so maybe the rules could be interchangeable for two different scenarios. I feel like this has potential.
Back to top Go down
BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:53 pm

anyone seen Behind Enemy Lines Owen Wilson and Gene Hackman, downed pilot with help of some rebels added to the enemy. maybe add some villagers that could be friendly or out for reward blood money. use of radios would be cool. You young guys have lots of energy so I'll sit back and watch this one develop. chat later scott
Back to top Go down
Dhregin

Dhregin

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:02 am

this sounds great Very Happy

and radios on scenario games ftw, always thought it was lame to be like 'where'd charlie go?' then 20 minutes later u see him walking back on to the field as ur walking off and ur like why?! WHY CHARLIE!?

anyway, yeah this sounds like a great idea. Extration games are always fun Very Happy

and challenging Surprised
Back to top Go down
Smurph'd

Smurph'd

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Yay scenario ideas! We could even put a dummy in the ship and have the delta have to get there and hold it for say 10- 20 minutes as a objective too. then extract to a fort for points.... then to another as the final run... just an idea
Back to top Go down
Dhregin

Dhregin

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:44 am

we're going to place you in the ship? sweeeet.

you said dummy man..... Razz

extration would out of the ship would prolly be difficult, at best. I seen lots of ppl make it in there, but making it out was usually a whole different story :O
Back to top Go down
1shothero

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:19 pm

im glad everyone thinks good about this idea
also thanks for the input on all these

-josh the shirtless spartans
Back to top Go down
lukeman1850

lukeman1850

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:25 am

The blackhawk down scenario is a good tried and true one, but if you wanted to incorporate the behind enemy lines scenario, I would suggest trying it in the winter, and maybe if not in the winter, doing a full on 24 hour scenario battle, not as a walk on of course, but if you set it up right and spread the word you could get a lot of people to play, that'd generate some repeat players I bet.
Back to top Go down
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: 24 hour scenario   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:17 am

lukeman1850 wrote:
The blackhawk down scenario is a good tried and true one, but if you wanted to incorporate the behind enemy lines scenario, I would suggest trying it in the winter, and maybe if not in the winter, doing a full on 24 hour scenario battle, not as a walk on of course, but if you set it up right and spread the word you could get a lot of people to play, that'd generate some repeat players I bet.

I agree, a 24 hour scenario game would be crazy fun. Make everyone wear glow-sticks around their neck or something, that way we're not just a bunch of idiots randomly walking around in the dark... Plus, the color of the glow sticks can be used to identify teams.
Back to top Go down
lukeman1850

lukeman1850

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:30 pm

What? What's wrong with running around like idiots in the dark while carrying markers? rabbit
Back to top Go down
Igg

Igg

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 8:24 pm

I can be an idiot whenever I feel like it! Wait a minute...
Back to top Go down
sketchy

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:36 pm

lukeman1850 wrote:
What? What's wrong with running around like idiots in the dark while carrying markers? rabbit
nothings wrong with that, i did that with my buddies playing airsoft the other night, with tinted lenses. its umm, interesting to say the least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.team51.net
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:50 pm

We should really pursue this idea. I'm not sure what the boss's thoughts on a 24-hour game at F51 are though....

Please Norm? We're begging you! alien
Back to top Go down
Igg

Igg

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:13 pm

Black Hawk Down UPc4gU Please?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 3:53 pm

I'm open to it......

Next year maybe we can swing something. We'll have all winter to plan it out.

For this year we have the LOST and Shawn's soon to be released Scenario in Sept.

For now I'd like to catch up on the field builds - Castle Spool, The Junk Yard In the Jungle...............

363 Mosher Road
Gorham Maine 04038
Back to top Go down
https://field51.forumotion.com
1shothero

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:19 pm

sweet cant wait till next year then lol
Back to top Go down
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:42 pm

Already found the Night-Vision Binoculars that I'll buy once this 24 hour scenario becomes reality geek
Back to top Go down
Trum_15

Trum_15

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:51 pm

same mine coem with the new call of duty witch is coming out soon!
Back to top Go down
Cheese Nip

Cheese Nip

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:28 am

how can you use them with a mask on???????
Back to top Go down
Trum_15

Trum_15

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:32 am

idk we can think of something . Sad
Back to top Go down
Trum_15

Trum_15

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:15 pm

Okay. So, some of you know that you can achieve a very cheap nightvision setup by using infrared LEDs and a couple cheap sheets of see-through plastic. I forget exactly how it's done...I'll edit when I find the YouTube video I'm thinking of. What I'm thinking is why not put these sheets on the inside of a paintball mask's lens, and mount strong IR flashlights on either side of your mask, and your marker as well? You could even glue the IR filter to one particular lens so that you could switch back and forth whenever you wanted without having to carry a whole seperate mask. Depending on how you mount the IR lights, they could be removed quickly too.

Thoughts?

Here's the video showing how to make the glasses. What I'm thinking of is the same principle, but with the sheets covering your whole lens, and more powerful lights to let you see farther.

Apparently, you can just buy filters for standard flashlights that render the normally visible beam down to the IR spectrum. So you don't even need to buy new lights if you like what you already have.

got this from the techpb forums so ha we can do it
Back to top Go down
grimace

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:11 am

Trum_15 wrote:
Okay. So, some of you know that you can achieve a very cheap nightvision setup by using infrared LEDs and a couple cheap sheets of see-through plastic. I forget exactly how it's done...I'll edit when I find the YouTube video I'm thinking of. What I'm thinking is why not put these sheets on the inside of a paintball mask's lens, and mount strong IR flashlights on either side of your mask, and your marker as well? You could even glue the IR filter to one particular lens so that you could switch back and forth whenever you wanted without having to carry a whole seperate mask. Depending on how you mount the IR lights, they could be removed quickly too.

Thoughts?

Here's the video showing how to make the glasses. What I'm thinking of is the same principle, but with the sheets covering your whole lens, and more powerful lights to let you see farther.

Apparently, you can just buy filters for standard flashlights that render the normally visible beam down to the IR spectrum. So you don't even need to buy new lights if you like what you already have.

got this from the techpb forums so ha we can do it
Hoax. The human eye can't pick up IR/near IR frequencies. Those filters won't let you see IR. You need a camera without an IR filter.
Back to top Go down
1shothero

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:34 pm

so now that weve seen a bunch of people say this idea rocks there socks i think that mabe we should do it i mean there no reason we cant we have the people hell ill even ref i know it was my idea but hell i wanna see it playeed
Back to top Go down
Myque Ace

Myque Ace

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Check the Events/Pricing Page... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Hawk Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Hawk Down   Black Hawk Down I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Hawk Down
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next