Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums

Field51 Scenario Woodsball Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Field51  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Life after Field51 What are you doing these days... I'm sure others would like to here from you.
Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:05 pm by Admin

» The Holidays 2014
Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am by Ref

» Sorry - Closing
Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:33 pm by Ref

» Magazine fed
Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am by bearKing

» RAP4 T68 For Sale
Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am by bearKing

» Thanks Norm!
Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm by Lushin

» Magpul MOE front shroud for X7 Phenom
Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm by Lushin

» X-Mas 2013
Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm by Ref

» Creep Show VII Let's talk it up and see Who shoots Who
Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:30 pm by Lushin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars

Go down 
+2
Trum_15
chris n
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chris n

chris n

Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars Empty
PostSubject: Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars   Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Team 51 went to OSG, NH to fight in the Halo Wars this past weekend. All I can say is WOW! Approx 200+ people came to play this big scenario. It was my first scenario outside of Field 51 and I didn't know what to expect. At first I was a little nervous, but once I went thru chrono things were a little closer to normal. The morning get together is similar to Field 51, as well as the game kick off.

For this event Team 51 consisted of Norboo (Norm), Looper (Shawn), Prowler (Isaac), 1shot (Josh), Stuka (Chris), and joining the team extension was Rental kid (Ian), and "Mr. Boyd" who's reputation precedes him. Team 51 was teamed up with Silent Nightmare from Rhode Island and other scenario teams and player from all around New England to fight as The Covenant versus the UNSC Marines. Our team captain was a regular at OSG and brought his team to lead the battle. We were lucky to have a local who knew the field and he did his home work days prior to the big game. Team 51 quickly decided radios would be a big bonus and we all dialed into the same frequency and I tried to monitor the captains freq all day. I think 2 radios might be helpful next time.

After the morning briefings and game overview we had a run-down with our captain. He quickly informed us we'd be having two battles at once as soon as the horn started the game. I was stoked for the start, yet shocked to find our huge team would be splitting up in different directions immediately. Team 51 and Silent Nightmare found ourselves on top of Hamburger Hill. There to defend and prevent The Marines from planting the bomb they were bringing from their base camp. We played valiantly. We were out numbered 3 to 1, and the Marines had a respawn spot not too far away. Despite being hunkered down and keeping them off us for awhile they slowing began picking us off making holes in our defense. Norboo, Stuka, and one of Silent Nightmare being the last stand, Hamburger Hill fell approx. 40 minutes into the designated 1 hour battle. All was not lost though. The first battle was so fierce the Marines called for added man power and pulled players off their other fight to fight the Covenant on top of the hill. This left the Marines weakened at the HALO Village giving our Covenant brothers an opportunity to gain crucial points.

As the first battle ended the next battle had already started. Norboo, Looper and Stuka joined in late but quickly found Prowler trying to push the bonus bomb (beach ball) to the enemy fortification. This fight was the exact opposite roles of the Hamburger Hill battle. The Covenant were the aggressors. The Coventant had the respawn advantage. We literally had to low crawl to get the bomb into position, taking numerous hits and swapping players to get the job done. The fort was not taken but but key point were gained by depositing the bomb and finding fuel and ammo. Again, while this battle was going on the rest of the Covenant were taking key point-rich positions and props being covert while doing their hit and run missions. During recovery part of Team 51 found themselves several points props and hauled them away and quickly forming their own hit and run mission within the big mission. Upon return to base we found that the enemy was trying to take over our base at the Urban Village. Once again Covenant blasted their way thru the Urban Village, covering each other on the move, eliminating everyone in seemingly record time. Almost a walk in the park. Haha.

Lunch break came and Team 51 aired up and resupplied. The Covenant captain re-briefed on the upcoming missions. The current score was announced...Marines 300, Covenant 700. We were winning, by a lot! Holy Mackerel!! Well this fueled the fire for sure. Some of the morning missions were two part. Now we had to get bombs placed to win and win certain battles all while keeping the enemy out of our backyard. Team 51 led the afternoon charge to the Castle. One of Covenant players was brave and rugged enough to carry two 55 gal. barrels to place in the Castle while Team 51 formed a wall preventing the Marines from advancing on our points gaining barrel hauler dude. It worked. We kept the flood of Marines at bay and even pushed them back to the Halo Village.
The last battle of the day involved a lot of paint, a lot of running, a lot of rush attacks, and a lot of intestinal fortitude to convince yourself to move up and try to gain position. We did not win the last battle but it didn't matter. The Covenant dominated all day. We had already won the war. Marines 1300, Covenant 1700.

In the end we all had a great time. Some of us didn't see each other all day except when resupplying or at the start of a mission. We met some great people. We swapped a lot of paint. We had a few funny stories to exchange. It was definitely a target rich environment. If you ever get the chance to do a big scenario I highly recommend you try it. I cant wait for Lost at Field 51! See you there.
Back to top Go down
Trum_15

Trum_15

PostSubject: Re: Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars   Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:45 pm

ment to go but my hsvr gottin in trouble saturday night after playing Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
JMac

PostSubject: Re: Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars   Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:45 am

Damn, would've liked to have seen some of that action, but the water is just too good right now... definately next time.
Back to top Go down
chris n

chris n

PostSubject: Re: Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars   Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:22 pm

Hopefully we'll see you at Lost. Tons of fun!
Back to top Go down
Cheese Nip

Cheese Nip

PostSubject: Re: Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars   Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:24 pm

That sounds awesome guys. Next time I hope I will be with you. I can't wait for Lost too. See you there . . . if you have the balls to get lost Neutral
Back to top Go down
A

A

PostSubject: Re: Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars   Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:13 pm

I had to work during Halo and I have to work the LOST scenario day too.
Back to top Go down
Cheese Nip

Cheese Nip

PostSubject: Re: Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars   Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:24 am

you look REALLY sick to me
Back to top Go down
chris n

chris n

PostSubject: Re: Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars   Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:39 pm

Probably Swine Pox! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Igg

Igg

PostSubject: Re: Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars   Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 pm

Or avian zombie measles. Wait... scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars   Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team 51 shoots up Halo Wars
Page 1 of 1