Forums

Field51 Scenario Woodsball Forums

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Field51  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Life after Field51 What are you doing these days... I'm sure others would like to here from you.
My tippmann got wrecked? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:05 pm by Admin

» The Holidays 2014
My tippmann got wrecked? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am by Ref

» Sorry - Closing
My tippmann got wrecked? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:33 pm by Ref

» Magazine fed
My tippmann got wrecked? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am by bearKing

» RAP4 T68 For Sale
My tippmann got wrecked? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am by bearKing

» Thanks Norm!
My tippmann got wrecked? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm by Lushin

» Magpul MOE front shroud for X7 Phenom
My tippmann got wrecked? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm by Lushin

» X-Mas 2013
My tippmann got wrecked? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm by Ref

» Creep Show VII Let's talk it up and see Who shoots Who
My tippmann got wrecked? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:30 pm by Lushin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My tippmann got wrecked?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

My tippmann got wrecked? Empty
PostSubject: My tippmann got wrecked?   My tippmann got wrecked? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 8:30 pm

For those of you that were at F51 today and heard my Tippmann go haywire on the last game..

I got home and opened it up to see how bad the damage was. It wouldn't cock back at all, and the Anti-Chop spring was completely wrapped around the drive spring, and hanging out of the side... After opening it up i discovered that the plastic piece that connects the 2-piece Anti-chop spring was bent in 4 different directions. Half of the spring looked like it had been run over by a freight train... I grabbed 2 pairs of pliers and bent the plastic center piece back to as straight as I could get it...reassembled my tippy and test fired it--Worked like a charm. However, the spring is still damaged and the plastic center piece is still bent...its just not completely wrapped around the drive spring lol! I'm thankful it didn't ruin the entire hammer and bolt assembly!

Ps, Norm--If you see this-- What are your prices on the plastic center piece between the anti chop springs (Sorry, don't know what it's called), both parts of the spring itself, and possibly a new sear?

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My tippmann got wrecked?   My tippmann got wrecked? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:15 am

Chevywithahemi88 wrote:
For those of you that were at F51 today and heard my Tippmann go haywire on the last game..

I got home and opened it up to see how bad the damage was. It wouldn't cock back at all, and the Anti-Chop spring was completely wrapped around the drive spring, and hanging out of the side... After opening it up i discovered that the plastic piece that connects the 2-piece Anti-chop spring was bent in 4 different directions. Half of the spring looked like it had been run over by a freight train... I grabbed 2 pairs of pliers and bent the plastic center piece back to as straight as I could get it...reassembled my tippy and test fired it--Worked like a charm. However, the spring is still damaged and the plastic center piece is still bent...its just not completely wrapped around the drive spring lol! I'm thankful it didn't ruin the entire hammer and bolt assembly!

Ps, Norm--If you see this-- What are your prices on the plastic center piece between the anti chop springs (Sorry, don't know what it's called), both parts of the spring itself, and possibly a new sear?

Thanks,

All those parts are cheap, want me to add them to the next Tippmann order? ( I have every thing but the plastic piece, I do have used platic pieces)
So I guess we can get you back up right off if you'd like.

Let me know what you want to do?

363 Mosher Road
Gorham Maine 04038
Back to top Go down
https://field51.forumotion.com
chris n

chris n

PostSubject: Re: My tippmann got wrecked?   My tippmann got wrecked? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:52 pm

That is def an unusual train wreck. ACT98s are generally wreck proof. A's ACT 98 has been thru a few seasons now. No issues at all.
Back to top Go down
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

PostSubject: Re: My tippmann got wrecked?   My tippmann got wrecked? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:22 pm

Yeah Norm, that would be great. Thanks in advance. It DOES work now, but I'm not sure how much longer it's gonna last before it completely lets go. I think the sear is OK, so I don't need another one of those. It's just both sides of the spring and the plastic center piece.

Thanks again,
Back to top Go down
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

PostSubject: Re: My tippmann got wrecked?   My tippmann got wrecked? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:37 pm

chris n wrote:
That is def an unusual train wreck. ACT98s are generally wreck proof. A's ACT 98 has been thru a few seasons now. No issues at all.

He's lucky.. Mine's been through 4 seasons and about 50,000 shots and I've had problems left and right. It seems like a constant struggle to keep my tippmann alive. I feel like Dr. Frankenstein around it!

Broken ball latch (My fault, oops)
Defective Response Trigger (pin wouldn't come back out after i pulled the trigger)
Cracked power tube
faulty valve (The one that goes inside the power tube)
Rogue stripped both my valve screws when they put the new valve in Evil or Very Mad Now i've got 2 oversize valve screws sealed air tight with nail polish!
Metal piece on the feed neck came off/stripped both screws out (What the...?)
Warped C-spring that holds the latch up for the feed neck to click on to

Last season was the first time I didn't have to replace anything unusual!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My tippmann got wrecked?   My tippmann got wrecked? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My tippmann got wrecked?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Tech :: Tech Forums-
Jump to: