Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums

Field51 Scenario Woodsball Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Field51  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Life after Field51 What are you doing these days... I'm sure others would like to here from you.
atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:05 pm by Admin

» The Holidays 2014
atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am by Ref

» Sorry - Closing
atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:33 pm by Ref

» Magazine fed
atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am by bearKing

» RAP4 T68 For Sale
atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am by bearKing

» Thanks Norm!
atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm by Lushin

» Magpul MOE front shroud for X7 Phenom
atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm by Lushin

» X-Mas 2013
atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm by Ref

» Creep Show VII Let's talk it up and see Who shoots Who
atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:30 pm by Lushin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

atmosphere of field 51?

Go down 
+5
Admin
Moving Target
maineiacpballer
A
devon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
devon

devon

atmosphere of field 51? Empty
PostSubject: atmosphere of field 51?   atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:01 pm

hey guys, i've never played at field 51 but i played woodsball with my friend for a few years and started playing at BAP last year and was wonder what the atmosphere at field 51 is like?
what the age range, markers used, what are the refs like, and what markers i should use?
heres my markers(minus my pistol)
the autococker is waiting on a pump kit because i traded my other one
and i have my 2k2 timmy, my ion, and my 98 custom
so look for me on the field? i cant wait for the pump and pistol day cheers

https://2img.net/h/oi26.tinypic.com/2mgmjr7.jpg

thanks
-Devon
Back to top Go down
A

A

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere of field 51?   atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:40 pm

Atmosphere- Pretty laid back. People don't go for the most 'kills' or whatever. There is very, very little overshooting, but when it does happen it is usually because it's too loud and they can't hear you call yourself out.
Age Range- Depends on the day, but it usually is from 12 years to 40ish years of age.
Markers- There are a lot of different markers used. It's usually Tippmanns, Spyders, Ions and the like. Sometimes people use higher end markers, but nothing like an Ego or something.
Refs- Usually Norm, Josh, and somebody else. They are quick with paint checks and aren't afraid to get into the mess of things when needed.
What you should use- Doesn't matter as long as it can chrono and shoot paint.
Back to top Go down
devon

devon

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere of field 51?   atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:04 pm

do people use pumps on days other than pump and pistol days?
and is there any rules against the use of 12 grams?
Back to top Go down
maineiacpballer

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere of field 51?   atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:24 pm

People do use pumps and no rule against 12 grams.

I have never played at BAP, but Field 51 is a great place to play. Saftey is the first concern and then playing paintball. If you can stay in line with the rules and shot paint you should have a great day of paintball ahead of you! There is always joking around, and a friendly atmosphere. As far as your gun, as long as it shoots paint, can stay at or below 280fps and does not ramp bring it on. Pretty much there is a 1 pull 1 shot rule. However response triggers are ok.

Does that help?
Back to top Go down
Moving Target

Moving Target

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere of field 51?   atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:11 pm

devon wrote:
do people use pumps on days other than pump and pistol days?
and is there any rules against the use of 12 grams?

last time I was out, 2 guys used pumps exclusively, and one had his pump and a5, there were 5 of us that didn't have pumps
Razz

and no, you can use 12 grams, I think Norm might even have some to sell to you albino
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere of field 51?   atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:29 pm

Good questions, and great answers.
Thanks for jumping in guys, I've been working all day on a surpise fir the upcoming LOST scenario.

But a heads up on two thing that will be changing.

1. 12 Grams - If you use them carry the dead ones of the field... I mean it. Thanks.

2. For the Lost scenario the chrono speeds will be set to 270 FPS. We may move this way for all game play on the field.??

See everyone soon -
Back to top Go down
https://field51.forumotion.com
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere of field 51?   atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:33 pm

One sentence: Field 51 is amazing. Very Happy

Having played at Field 51 since the day they opened, as well as being a Ref at F51, I can say that the overall atmosphere is just a fun place to be. After you come back to F51 for a few days, people begin to know your name and it feels like a really close community. The ref's get to know the players, and vice-versa due to the fact that all of the refs play at Field 51.

Player's ages usually range from 14 to 45, but I've seen a good amount of players outside of either side of that range.

Being a ref myself, I can say that the refs are quite friendly. I've never had a problem with any of the referees, even before I was one. The reffing staff is great!

As far as markers go, I've seen anything from $20 brass eagles up to Mil-Sim guns that look just like the real thing. My recommendation would be your autococker pump or your T98C. Tippmanns, cocker pumps, and azodin Kaos pumps seem to make up the majority of the markers that I've seen at F51.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To answer your question about whether people use pumps outside of the pump/pistol days:

I see quite a few of them out on the field, especially the Azodin and Cocker pumps. Surprisingly, they're quite competitive against semi markers.
Back to top Go down
devon

devon

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere of field 51?   atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:43 pm

sweet
im defiantly coming on the next pump day and i'll see if i can come once before then
and the reason im asking is because i never felt close to the people at BAP. It always seemed to be a bunch of random young kids

Mad
Back to top Go down
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere of field 51?   atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:32 pm

devon wrote:
sweet
im defiantly coming on the next pump day and i'll see if i can come once before then
and the reason im asking is because i never felt close to the people at BAP. It always seemed to be a bunch of random young kids

Mad

Agreed. I played at BAP during the time between when rogue closed and F51 opened, despite my hate for speedball, I had to fuel my paintball addiction somehow...

I got sick of getting strange looks from parents when I was the only kid over the age of 12.
I've also got my fair share of horror stories from that place on the days that teens actually showed up...*Rolls eyes*
Back to top Go down
devon

devon

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere of field 51?   atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:05 pm

i know what you mean
i started playing woodsball but last year i bought a speedball marker and started playing at BAP but after two days of the refs talking crap about my gear i dont see myself going back
i just ordered a pump kit for my cocker so i think i'll be playing next time the field is open and on the next pump day
hope to see you guys there

Smile
Back to top Go down
Cheese Nip

Cheese Nip

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere of field 51?   atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:41 pm

you don't have to wait for the pump day. Bring your stuff to the LOST game. I think you will see more than a few people playing pump.
Back to top Go down
devon

devon

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere of field 51?   atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:25 pm

thats what im doing
does the field slit cases?
all i need is one, maybe two bags of paint
Back to top Go down
grimace

PostSubject: Q. Atmosphere of field 51?   atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:39 pm

A. 78.08% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.038% carbon dioxide, and trace amounts of other gases.
Back to top Go down
devon

devon

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere of field 51?   atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:27 pm

thanks dude

cheers

lol
Back to top Go down
1shothero

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere of field 51?   atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:19 pm

Atmosphere at field 51......
fun
that about does it just dont run into me on a cocky day
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere of field 51?   atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 6:18 am

devon wrote:
thats what im doing
does the field slit cases?
all i need is one, maybe two bags of paint

Yes - we'll sell by the bag....
Back to top Go down
https://field51.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: atmosphere of field 51?   atmosphere of field 51? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

atmosphere of field 51?
Page 1 of 1