Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums

Field51 Scenario Woodsball Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Field51  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Life after Field51 What are you doing these days... I'm sure others would like to here from you.
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:05 pm by Admin

» The Holidays 2014
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am by Ref

» Sorry - Closing
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:33 pm by Ref

» Magazine fed
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am by bearKing

» RAP4 T68 For Sale
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am by bearKing

» Thanks Norm!
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm by Lushin

» Magpul MOE front shroud for X7 Phenom
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm by Lushin

» X-Mas 2013
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm by Ref

» Creep Show VII Let's talk it up and see Who shoots Who
BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:30 pm by Lushin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon

Go down 
+12
Chevywithahemi88
Looper
Trum_15
Sniper71
JMac
A
BoneDaddy
grimace
maineiacpballer
devon
autoe22
Admin
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon Empty
PostSubject: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:45 am

To address the over shooting, real or imagined, the field is going to have a BPS rule.

Details are being worked out now, as soon as the numbers have been decided on I'll post it here, on the web site, and will be reading during the safety pre-game meetings.

Thanks for your understanding - Norm.
Back to top Go down
https://field51.forumotion.com
autoe22

autoe22

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 2:39 pm

I agree with this 100%

Just wondering how many BPS can you get out of a finely tuned Response Trigger?
Back to top Go down
devon

devon

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:45 pm

good idea to help newer players but it should just be common sense...
Neutral
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm

As with the rest of the forums this is open to all to chime in, this is your field - I want to hear from you you.

Thanks -
Back to top Go down
autoe22

autoe22

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:08 pm

As this is a Woodsball Field and not a Speedball field.

Fire power shouldn't come too lets see how fast I can shoot this guy.
how about you hold and wait and take one well placed shot?

I wouldn't mind not being able too fire more then 5 BPS it wouldn't bother me yea its nice sometimes too be able too.

How fast can a Tippmann with a Response shoot??
As tippmanns are the most used at the field have to go with the majority of players to keep most people happy.

I have heard of fields having 10BPS 12BPS 15BPS and Higher.

What ever the outcome I will be happy too play paintball.

That's my opinion I welcome yours.
Back to top Go down
devon

devon

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:22 pm

i think around 10-15 is reasonable but its going to be hard to enforce that rule. are we going to need to chronograph our guns and check the max bps at the same time?
Back to top Go down
maineiacpballer

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:52 pm

what happens if a response goes full auto that is tipping out at 20 or so and there is no way to turn that down? I just find it is going to be hard to enforce unless you can physically set it at a max?
Back to top Go down
grimace

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 8:31 pm

I've always been a fan of uncapped semi, non-sweetspotted response, and no modes (one shot one pull). If you have to have a cap, 15 bps is the easiest as most boards have that option because it was the standard up until recently.

Or just use a pump. Smile
Back to top Go down
BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:36 pm

I'm old school, or actually old enuff to have been in old school but as for BPS, I agree with Autoe22, woodsball/scenario in the village/town why not wait and take that good shot. I know a few times at OP's PC I most enjoyed a few well placed splats silent vs the pull the trigger as fast as I can.

And I really don't see the advantage of the 6th thru 15th ball anyway. If you have not seen or picked up on ball 1-5 you're probably painted pale anyway cheers Grimace and the Pump community I am a new believe that is a cool way to play.

Sorry speedballers, I missed that window of youthful enthusiasm bounce however in a defend the church game let it fly, as a defender I'm all for it. (I'll gladly attack too, with limited BPS's) limit the respawns (2) and see if a team can skillfully take the church vs just over-running it with overwhelming numbers. Personally our arsenal is mechanical triggers anyway, a response trig on the A5, but my fingers aren't that fast, so we will wait for the decision of the power that be. Hope to see everyone at CREEP SHOW III.
Back to top Go down
A

A

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:53 pm

I do believe that a capped rate of fire is probably a good idea. Just the other day I put my SLG on 15 bps full auto and thought to myself "that's a lot pain flying down range." And no, that's not a typo. One of the last times I used my SLG at the field I actually had it limited to 8 bps, and I thought it was faster than what I needed.

Overall, I don't care about 16 bps or whatever. I care about those 16 balls that just hit you from 20 feet away. That, in my opinion, is not very much fun. Take a couple shots and see where that gets you. The person on the receiving end will be happier and your wallet will be heavier. I know it might be hard to hear people call themselves out, but come on, use common sense. Don't keep shooting simply because you can't hear anything over your autocannon.

And to you Norm, maybe have more elimination games? I think that will make people more likely to think and less likely to sit somewhere and just shoot because they know they can come back anyway. Heck, maybe do mechanical only days and pump only days. It will be better for the renters and it will still keep people happy.
Back to top Go down
maineiacpballer

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:42 pm

Ok, time for me to really say what is on my mind.

We all know when we are overshooting or have overshot someone. I usually ask the person if I did(if there is a question) or if I know I did an appology is the first thing to come out of my mouth. I am not so sure that we need a cap on BPS, maybe just being tighter on how the "ship" is run. I am not saying that the reffing is bad, and I also know that a ref cant be everywhere at once. If we instead of capping the BPS, make it very clear that if you are caught overshooting or accused of then there is some sort of reprocusion that will happen. Maybe do a three strikes and you are out sort of rule.

Something else, even if a cap is put on to how many bps one can shot, that does not mean that someone is not going to get overshot. It only means that they will only get hit with 8, 10, or 15 bps instead of something greater. Is the cap on BPS really the cure to this issue? I am just saying, trying to give some food for thought.

What about if you are in a situation where you are trying to advance, and you have people laying down cover fire and that cover fire is hitting players on the opposing team, are you going to stop shooting in the general direction, or not lay down as much paint because of being afraid of overshooting someone? I know that if I am going to lay down cover for someone on my team to advance, my fingers are going to be traveling as fast as I can move them, and if it is toward a group of 5 people and one of them says out, there is no way that I am going to stop shooting in fear of hitting that one person again when there are 4 others trying not only to get me, but the one person that I am laying down the cover for.

A cap on BPS is not a bad idea, but it is not going to cure this issue.
Back to top Go down
JMac

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 5:52 pm

Ok. This is try number 3 to post a reply, the others went into the "Beyond"...
So if ROF is going to be capped, should a person be required to spend more on another board or other de-mod? Maybe even have to buy a different marker with less ROF? Are the many, for lack of a better term, "common sense " players, being regulated because of a few? Maybe some sort of reprimand for repeat offenders... Yellow Card = warning(check your fire please) Red Card= you're sittin' out buddy! I don't know... but a non-hasty, much discussed approach would be appreciated by everyone I'm sure... Just me talkin', so take with grain o' salt...
Back to top Go down
Sniper71

Sniper71

PostSubject: hmmm 2 birds one paintball...   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:43 pm

im from the old school..still have a working nelson from 91...yet also have several new gen electros....im planning on coming down for the creep show with several others...the thought of bps goes along several thoughts...peoples $$ levels....gun levels...experience levels....you can cross all those borders by possibly just having a couple of slow down games...like everybody is only allowed one hopper full....no pods...this way you really think about your shots..more planning more quality than quantity...plus who wants to run out first and then just be a target instead of a threat...this also helps new players adjust...as well as younger ones also....instead of walking into world war 3 its a slower ...not so loud free for all...and will help them and all learn movement is as important as shooting...okay ill get off the soapbox and go sit on the porch....lol...im glad to see a field thrive in maine and will post an thoughts to help you out and all players as well.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trum_15

Trum_15

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:07 pm

i know for sppl the cap is 15 and some games are un capped. so i think a cap is a good idea, for the newer players at least. this way they don't get lit up. i think i had my slg at 8 bps and still blow though so much paint (a case and a half it was). i thin k8 - 15 would be nice but nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Looper

Looper

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 2:47 pm

feralpaddler wrote:
Maybe some sort of reprimand for repeat offenders... Yellow Card = warning(check your fire please) Red Card= you're sittin' out buddy! I don't know... but a non-hasty, much discussed approach would be appreciated by everyone I'm sure... Just me talkin', so take with grain o' salt...

I like that but I think the players need to understand everything up front and not be surprised or act like jerks when they are called on it. I also think the Refs should be consistent on the calls of Bonus balls, over fire, high rate of fire, etc...

While we are on the topic; as a Ref, I have been approached many times on the field by players that have told me of the errors of another player. I do not want to discourage the reporting of such events; because I will now keep a closer eye on said player, but I feel that I cannot make a call based on hearsay and must witness the transgression in the act. And remember there is a lot of ground out there to cover for the Refs and as good citizens of Field51 I would encourage you to tell your fellow players that they should abide by the rules of the field and be courteous to others.
Back to top Go down
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:43 am

I think it's ridiculous that we even have to make this rule. I mean really, common sense people? I use my first and only gun, a T98CP..No R/T (Broke it) No E-trig...I probably shoot 5bps MAX and, as the other Derek could attest to, I've overshot a few people from time to time on accident of corse Embarassed

For the repeat offenders though, its pathetic that some people just can't be responsible with their markers. Really guy's, we're playing with toys that are considered "Firearms" in 2 states and Canada. You need to think before you act!

On the other note, some players like myself prefer not to snap-shoot and would rather dump paint on someone's bunker to keep their head tucked in, while moving. Next time they peek out, they have no clue where you are! Having a Mechanical Semi seems to do the job plenty fine, but obviously it would be much more intimidating to hammer their bunker with 15bps. I guess some people find some strange enjoyment in hammering PEOPLE with 15bps? -Weird- Just because your Camaro goes 165mph. doesn't mean you always have to drive 165.

I really don't think we need to cap it. People just need to be more responsible.

Perhaps refs could call eliminate people for "Unsportsmanlike Conduct"? (Just go back and re-spawn)
Back to top Go down
autoe22

autoe22

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:25 am

People just have itchy trigger fingers,

I was doing every thing I was supposed too yesterday gun up and everything
and I was still shot by my own Team and I was out going back too the respond point,
Norm saw this and acted quickly giving the player a friendly reminder look at what you are shooting at,
the players response I'm fogged up and didn't see his colors.

So its not even about people just being over shot but people not paying attention or getting trigger happy.

Yes i was shot just once but I was still "Overshot"

I will be happy with any number of BPS that goes into effect. things still happen
I think for the most part most of the people that come too field51 are only here too play paintball and have fun.
Back to top Go down
JMac

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:37 am

I concur...
Back to top Go down
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:16 pm

Here, I found this...Just for kicks lets see what people get

Semi ROF Finder
Back to top Go down
maineiacpballer

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:22 pm

I was able to get 14 bps, but that is on a notebook mouse....
Back to top Go down
devon

devon

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 7:56 pm

11 with my notebook mouse, 14 with the mouse off my pc.

and my girlfriend got 13 with the notebook mouse? Mad

shes can walk a trigger faster than me but shes scared to really shoot my guns... haha
Back to top Go down
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:22 pm

I managed to get 15 by going into control pannel-ease of access-mouse settings- and turning on "Mouse keys" which allows you to hit the "5" button on the number pad of a keyboard to count as a click as well...Always Thinkin' Suspect

I would think it'd be easier on a notebook mouse since you only have to tap it instead of actually clicking....Going into mouse settings and turning "Double click speed" all the way up to "fastest" helps as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:02 am

Again the point is...... why?

The measure should be, have fun, and being able take someone out with just 1 or 2 shots.

Can you out think someone else on the field?

Sneak around, watch them walk by and take the objective without a shot fired.

That's going to impress me....... And give you some great stories.
Back to top Go down
maineiacpballer

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:10 am

I would like to say that for me that little app was more for the fun of it than anything else.

Obviously playing the game and hunting my prey is what I enjoy about it. I like the sneak attack, and then ambush, but I do love to be able to lay it down when it calls for it.

I play woodsball for the chance of sneaking up on someone, being able to walk across the field and still win the game. I know that bps isnt all that it is cracked up to be because of how we play, but we all play different and for different reasons. Taking that one shot is nice and knowing that that is all it took to win the game.

I DONT care about a bps rule, I think it will be what it is, but I DONT think that will ever solve an issue of a player complaining about getting over shot. My TRUE opinion is, YES, it is going to happen. ONLY if it happens repeatedly should it be addressed, why, because most of the time someone doesnt mean too, or the player getting shot isnt calling themselves out. Maybe we need to learn to react faster to being hit, or we can all just know that at some point whether it is intentional or not it is going to happen and we need to buck up and take it, and if it was you that over shot, apologize, admit that you did wrong and end it there.
Back to top Go down
chris n

chris n

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:11 pm

Correct, BPS is not the issue. Even the most experienced tourney player can barely reach 15bps. for short periods. I could do 9 bps with the souped up Ions, 12 bps with the RT A5, and 11 with the WGP Superstock. So far I liked the Ions the best because of the weight and feel of the marker.

* Pay attention to your target. Shoot a couple times, look, listen. Shoot, look, listen.

* Mick, one of the new guys at Paperclip, said they use the 3 hit rule on their private field. Something we might consider.
If you are shot 3 times or more by the same guy in the same fire fight and you feel you were overshot and you are out, and then you can call the other guy out for over shooting. "OVERSHOOTING, YOU ARE OUT." Its a gentleman's rule. Obviously sometimes you are difficult to see or hear or you failed to call OUT loud enough and you realize that, so you wouldn't call the offender out, but if its obvious...you've been hit 3,4, 5, 6 times and you called out plenty loud and/or raised your marker or waved and yelled, then you can call the other guy out. It really only needs to happen once or twice and people figure it out and figure out how simple it works. Dont over shoot or you're getting called out. It goes both ways and theres physical evidence, the hits. Be humble. Accept a counter call 'Overshot', its just rec ball.

AND/Or, Official warning and suspension system. A warning followed by a game suspension followed by ejection.

Theres no sense in limiting the markers when the problem is the person pulling the trigger.

If warned I will do a lot of thinking. If suspended for a game I will do whatever it takes to get into the next game and remain in the following games. If ejected I'm doing something wrong, repeatedly.

Its a rec sport, not WWIII.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon   BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BALLS PER SECOND - A new cap coming to the field soon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next