Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums

Field51 Scenario Woodsball Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Field51  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Life after Field51 What are you doing these days... I'm sure others would like to here from you.
To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:05 pm by Admin

» The Holidays 2014
To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am by Ref

» Sorry - Closing
To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:33 pm by Ref

» Magazine fed
To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am by bearKing

» RAP4 T68 For Sale
To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am by bearKing

» Thanks Norm!
To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm by Lushin

» Magpul MOE front shroud for X7 Phenom
To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm by Lushin

» X-Mas 2013
To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm by Ref

» Creep Show VII Let's talk it up and see Who shoots Who
To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:30 pm by Lushin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

To Flatline, or not to Flatline?

Go down 
+4
BoneDaddy
Myque Ace
Trum_15
Redlan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Redlan

To Flatline, or not to Flatline? Empty
PostSubject: To Flatline, or not to Flatline?   To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:41 pm

My will to resist blowing my bonus check on paintball gear has dimished to almost nothing, so of course, I've been shopping around the 'net for markers and associated gear. I've pretty well settled on a Tippmann A5 as my marker platform; however, there's a ton of options for barrels out there. One I'm seeing alot of is the "Flatline" barrel. I've probably read 50 reviews so far, and I'm pretty torn. While I certainly don't mind blowing the cash on more distance and accuracy, it seems this isn't everyone's experience with the barrel. Some people are complaining about inaccuracy, others about massive paint breaks. There are recommendations from several reviewers on how to address these issues (like using pressure regulators and tips on barrel alignment), but I was wondering if anyone in this community either has used or is currently using this barrel or, barring that, if you know people who have and whether those people would or wouldn't recommend the barrel. I've also been looking at a standard Lapco Bigshot 12" as well, but the Flatline seems like the superior woodsball barrel system - if it works as advertised.

While I suspect I'm going to pursue more mods down the road, I'd like to get as much "right" as I can on a good woodsball gun on my first shot.
Back to top Go down
Trum_15

Trum_15

PostSubject: Re: To Flatline, or not to Flatline?   To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:49 pm

i have a A5 (witch is for sale) but it has a Apex on it its the same thing but is cheaper and it can be put on different barrels like the Lapco bigshot with the apex tip witch is 80 and the big shot its gun but with the apex you can curve the ball left right up and down!!! so you can also adjust how much spin is on it so you could just turn it off!! i would say go with the apex you can get like a M-16 or just a regular barrel its up to you. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Myque Ace

Myque Ace

PostSubject: Re: To Flatline, or not to Flatline?   To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:52 pm

I haven't used either but I'd also look into the Apex barrel system. That seems to be more popular at field 51 than the flatline.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Redlan

PostSubject: Re: To Flatline, or not to Flatline?   To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:14 pm

Thanks for the tip on the Apex. I'll take a loot at that tonight!
Back to top Go down
BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

PostSubject: disctance not an issues lately   To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:39 pm

FILED51 offers cover and most folks are more than happy to run around so the distance thing is rather MUTE, with that said I carry a 98 C with flatline on the field if I'm gunna be in the tower psychological for me (47 farao ) it also has a tub/jug hopper 450 lol! any how. APEX is the beast I think, all my Tippmann stuff was used as my maine marker is a SPYDER (rare Suspect ) also check with Norm at the field to see what his price is tippmann dealer and all..

gotta go kid needs PC for homework study lol!

see ya soon scott alien
Back to top Go down
Redlan

PostSubject: Re: To Flatline, or not to Flatline?   To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm

Yeah, I'm reading some excellent reviews on the Apex system. It's also led me into more research into Hammerhead barrels and the like. It's amazing how vast the gear field is, and varied in price. $2,000 markers? Wow.
Back to top Go down
woodviper

PostSubject: Re: To Flatline, or not to Flatline?   To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:55 pm

first what look are you going for with the A5, that will make the difference in the barrel you are going to use. Apex it a very good barrel, so is the lapco. just try to keep the barrel lenght under 14 inches, unless you need the lenght for the look of the marker.
Back to top Go down
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

PostSubject: Re: To Flatline, or not to Flatline?   To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:34 am

I used a Flatline on my 98C for over a year and I absolutely hated it... Plus it's a pain to install/uninstall...and when you break/chop, the only way to really clean it out is to open your gun up, take the barrel out, run hot water through it, and then put the barrel back in, and then close your gun back up. Running a squeegee through the flatline is almost pointless..it doesnt help one bit as the paint stays between the grits of sandpaper. Also, a rubbery film begins to build up along the top of the barrel as the day progresses, due to the paintballs dragging against it to create backspin...

It's a horrible barrel system, I'd really suggest staying as far away from it as you possible can.

If you're looking for accuracy, I would suggest the Smart Parts Linear barrel. You can snag one for about 40 bucks, and they're really accurate. I can hit a shoe box 8/10 times from about 100 feet in my back yard with my 16".
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: To Flatline, or not to Flatline?   To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:21 pm

The Field has Apex barrels in stock for the A5 - 30.00.

It's my first choice.
Back to top Go down
https://field51.forumotion.com
JMac

PostSubject: Re: To Flatline, or not to Flatline?   To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:56 pm

I started with the Flatline from a A5 package deal... tried it for a couple w/e's, my ' personal' experience was "eh". Picked-up the Apex from Norman for my A5, my immediate reaction to the DISTANCE and ACCURACY was, " Oh, SNAP!" Way more fun w/apex feature too... Then to step it up a notch, I swapped the Apex barrel for a LAPCO Bigshot 8" and swapped the tip...freakin' sweet. Try an Apex, they are pretty inexpensive...(and Norm's got 'em)...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Flatline, or not to Flatline?   To Flatline, or not to Flatline? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Flatline, or not to Flatline?
Page 1 of 1