Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums

Field51 Scenario Woodsball Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Field51  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Life after Field51 What are you doing these days... I'm sure others would like to here from you.
looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:05 pm by Admin

» The Holidays 2014
looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am by Ref

» Sorry - Closing
looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:33 pm by Ref

» Magazine fed
looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am by bearKing

» RAP4 T68 For Sale
looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am by bearKing

» Thanks Norm!
looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm by Lushin

» Magpul MOE front shroud for X7 Phenom
looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm by Lushin

» X-Mas 2013
looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm by Ref

» Creep Show VII Let's talk it up and see Who shoots Who
looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:30 pm by Lushin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

looking for New barrel

Go down 
+5
Trum_15
Chevywithahemi88
1shothero
Admin
CoryE
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CoryE

CoryE

looking for New barrel Empty
PostSubject: looking for New barrel   looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:52 am

Mine is 8-9" It gets too cold to easy

as long as the barrel dosnt get too cold name your price not unreasonable though
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/supitsmecory
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: looking for New barrel   looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 6:24 am

I'm guessing you're shooting with CO2, you want to think about HPA.
Back to top Go down
https://field51.forumotion.com
CoryE

CoryE

PostSubject: Re: looking for New barrel   looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:15 am

HPA?? sorry im new to paint ball
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: looking for New barrel   looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:52 am

HPA = High Pressure Air.

Unlike CO2 it wont freeze up your gun when you're shooting heavy.

We sell 3k tanks starting at 45.00.

Ask around HPA is the way to go......
Back to top Go down
https://field51.forumotion.com
CoryE

CoryE

PostSubject: Re: looking for New barrel   looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 8:14 am

nice ill save up my money for that and the scenario as well as the paint balls thanks
Back to top Go down
1shothero

PostSubject: Re: looking for New barrel   looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:17 pm

also keep in mind anything over 14 inches is a waste of air and no longer helps accrucy
Back to top Go down
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

PostSubject: Re: looking for New barrel   looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:56 pm

1shothero wrote:
also keep in mind anything over 14 inches is a waste of air and no longer helps accrucy

I'm not sure about that...

I purchased the 16" Smartparts Linear barrel that I use on my tippy and was given a 14" 32 degrees barrel from my grandpa because he found it in his shed, within the same week. I tested both of them my placing a shoe box across the length of my back yard (About 25 yards for this test). I shot a pod of paint through each barrel and the 14" seemed to be significantly more accurate. I then moved the shoe box as far back in my yard as I could without my shot being obstructed by trees (About 50 yards +/-) and, again, shot a pod of paint through each barrel. At this distance, the 16" was much more accurate.

Some variables to keep in mind--

the 32* barrel probably costs 25 bucks and is FAR from being a high-end barrel.

The inside of my SmartParts Linerar 16" is coated with Teflon, which is the 2nd least friction-generating material known to man.

Both are standard .689 bore.
Back to top Go down
Trum_15

Trum_15

PostSubject: Re: looking for New barrel   looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:18 pm

no josh is right about that
Back to top Go down
Chevywithahemi88

Chevywithahemi88

PostSubject: Re: looking for New barrel   looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:57 pm

Trum_15 wrote:
no josh is right about that

Everyone's got their own opinion alien
Back to top Go down
Trum_15

Trum_15

PostSubject: Re: looking for New barrel   looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Looper

Looper

PostSubject: Re: looking for New barrel   looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:54 am

No Josh is right... Well he is right on this anyways...

A Quote from Tom Kaye Creator of the Automag.

Quote :
Barrels are only there to accelerate the ball from a standstill to 300 fps. In theory they also help with accuracy but that's another post. The ball goes through incredible acceleration on its way down the barrel. The balls acceleration rate is approx. 50,000 feet per second to get to 300 feet per second in 10 inches. The entire barrel travel time is about 6 thousandths of a second and this means the ball is seeing about 1500 G's when its getting pushed out the gun. Although this may sound incredible if someone out there would like to do the math you will see that I'm close.

Air pressure behind the ball is what causes this acceleration to happen. This pressure varies between the different guns but is generally between 50 to 125 pounds per square inch at its peak. The air pressure peaks right when the ball starts moving down the barrel, after that, the ball moving down the barrel creates a bigger chamber so the pressure drops. This is why low pressure guns are a myth, in reality all guns shoot at considerably lower pressure than 200 psi.

Peak pressures above 150 psi tends to break balls down the barrel due to really high acceleration and G forces. If you don't have any way to control the peak pressure behind the ball, the only way you can change it is to go with lower pressure in the air chamber, hence low pressure guns. AGD uses the precise contour of the power tube tip to release air in a controlled manner behind the ball to limit peak pressures to around 60-80 psi..

It is simple to understand that the harder you push something the faster it will accelerate and get up to speed in a shorter distance. So what distance do we have to get the ball up to speed? The effective length of the barrel is from the balls position before it's fired, to the place in the barrel where the pressure gets released, This is usually at the first porting holes or the step in the barrel. Porting is there to release gas pressure!! You are effectively stopping the acceleration at the ports so your 14" barrel that is half full of holes only has an effective length of 7".

Now we understand that we need to limit the peak pressure behind the ball to keep it from blowing up, and that the pressure drops as the ball moves down the barrel. The next question we need to ask is, how far down the barrel does the ball have to go before the pressure gets to low to do anything useful? That answer is 8-10 inches. We know this from looking at the graphs that our gun dyno puts out. If your peak pressure is higher, say over 100 psi you can get away with a shorter barrel, if it's lower then you need a longer barrel. Since AGD is the only gun manufacturer to actually test their pressures behind the ball you might have a hard time getting this info for other guns.

So as far as our guns are concerned, the best efficiency would be had with an 8-10" effective length barrel. Since two piece ported barrels with an effective length of about 5-6" are the rage right now you hear a lot of complaints about gas efficiency. Under some circumstances there is a good reason to use a short effective length barrel. Short barrels cut off the acceleration abruptly by venting and this has the effect of tightening up the shot to shot velocity variation. If you need this at the expense of efficiency then go ahead. Tighter velocity control usually translates into some improvement in accuracy due to better consistency.

So if you want the best of all worlds, limit your peak pressure, let your ball accelerate all it wants, don't follow the crowd and keep asking questions.
Back to top Go down
Looper

Looper

PostSubject: Re: looking for New barrel   looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 8:05 am

You may want to look at underboring your paint...

Cockerpunk from Punkworks...

That's enuff info for today kids... you mind might explode if I give you any more ;D
Back to top Go down
grimace

PostSubject: Re: looking for New barrel   looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:40 am

Haha, Cockerpunk and his eggs.

Small bore back and overbore front is the way to go (or stepped bore one piece). Long barrel is good for moving air bunkers or brush out of the way as long as it's stepped. Too long and you'll probably end up plugging it into the ground.

looking for New barrel Episode51
Back to top Go down
Looper

Looper

PostSubject: Re: looking for New barrel   looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:15 pm

MAr Rulez....
Back to top Go down
Cheese Nip

Cheese Nip

PostSubject: Re: looking for New barrel   looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:27 pm

nice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Moving Target

Moving Target

PostSubject: Re: looking for New barrel   looking for New barrel I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:38 pm

I love Mar('s comics) lol! rendeer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for New barrel   looking for New barrel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

looking for New barrel
Page 1 of 1