Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums

Field51 Scenario Woodsball Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Field51  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Life after Field51 What are you doing these days... I'm sure others would like to here from you.
Newbie here, requesting info. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:05 pm by Admin

» The Holidays 2014
Newbie here, requesting info. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am by Ref

» Sorry - Closing
Newbie here, requesting info. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:33 pm by Ref

» Magazine fed
Newbie here, requesting info. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am by bearKing

» RAP4 T68 For Sale
Newbie here, requesting info. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am by bearKing

» Thanks Norm!
Newbie here, requesting info. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm by Lushin

» Magpul MOE front shroud for X7 Phenom
Newbie here, requesting info. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm by Lushin

» X-Mas 2013
Newbie here, requesting info. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm by Ref

» Creep Show VII Let's talk it up and see Who shoots Who
Newbie here, requesting info. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:30 pm by Lushin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Newbie here, requesting info.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Redlan

Newbie here, requesting info. Empty
PostSubject: Newbie here, requesting info.   Newbie here, requesting info. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:09 pm

Hi there, fellas.

I'm considering "getting into" the paintball scene, and I guess I'm looking for some advice before I make a gear investment. My employer just hosted a woodsball outing at Lost Valley last weekend, and I had an absolute blast (something I didn't expect at 36 years old, heh). I'm really interested in making this a weekly or bi-weekly pursuit through the fall months. That said...

1. What's the paintball community in central/southern Maine like, numbers-wise? Can you usually find walk-on games during the appropriate hours?

2. Do you find that people are generally accepting of other folks who are just discovering the sport?

3. What sort of dedication does it take to be on a "team"? What sort of fitness level? What does the typical "paintball team" look like in composition?

I've always been the type that "leaps in with both feet" when I find something I really like, but I'd like to get an idea of how active and accepting the baller community in this region is before I invest hundreds of dollars in gear that will sit and collect dust.

Thanks you for your time and consideration.
Back to top Go down
BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

PostSubject: Field 51 is a good place to land rookie or vetran   Newbie here, requesting info. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 4:39 pm

Welcome to an amazing paintball community Field51 that is.

My son 14 and I (old guy 47) farao are in our second year as loyalists to Field 51, as the opening page says there are a core who started a few years ago and have added regulars or semi regulars as is grows. My suggestion is come to an open play day (use rentals) and talk to players they will give to the best info for the style you plan to play, different markers for different affect/events.

The pro shop has some good stuff and Norm will take care of you. People are very open and friendly I can't think of a better place to play. Spirited skirmishes, but in a safe manner and FUN is mandatory on every day we've played/painted or been painted. I'm sure you get a few replies so I'll stop here, welcome hope to see you on the field someday soon.

RufusT & Mud_Weasle alien cat pig
Back to top Go down
Trum_15

Trum_15

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here, requesting info.   Newbie here, requesting info. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:58 pm

1. What's the paintball community in central/southern Maine like, numbers-wise? Can you usually find walk-on games during the appropriate hours? around about 10am -4 or 5 pm peole around maybe 12-17 but ive only been there 2 times so i realy am just guessing

2. Do you find that people are generally accepting of other folks who are just discovering the sport? so like i just said 2 times i've been and the players here talk to you like they have knew you for years so you should have NO problems if you do talk to norman about it

3. What sort of dedication does it take to be on a "team"? What sort of fitness level? What does the typical "paintball team" look like in composition? idk but if you email or talk to norman then he will tell you, so realy just play and have fun!!
Back to top Go down
A

A

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here, requesting info.   Newbie here, requesting info. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:50 pm

1. The paintball community is a decent size, but many play in NH or Mass because of the higher amount of fields there. You can usually find a walk-on day somewhere. Field 51 has a walk-on day at least twice a month.
2. We are very accepting. I think we had something like 3 new people today and some people who have only played there once or twice before.
(The following is based on Team 51)
3. To be on a team you need to go to most play days, team functions, and know the general idea of things. You don't really need to be fit to be on a team. Teams really are just a group of people who are fairly serious about the sport and know how to work together. There usually isn't more than 12 or so people on a team.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here, requesting info.   Newbie here, requesting info. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:07 am

Join a team???

Why not start a team, this goes to everyone out there........

We have quite a few dedicated players out there.

Find a few likeminded friends (players soon to be friends), meet up a few times to work out the details about the team, setup play time to work together, and drill time.
Plan trips to multiple fields, mixing it up is always fun. Try to plan on hitting one or two bigger scenario events every year.

And most important -HAVE FUN - its a game after all.......

- Norm (owner of Field51)
Back to top Go down
https://field51.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here, requesting info.   Newbie here, requesting info. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie here, requesting info.
Page 1 of 1